Street artists, writers and vandals join Channel 4’s Street Summer here! Enter your work to win!
Don’t Panic is running a design competition on the Don’t Panic site for all budding designers, graffiti and street artists to come up with a creative design. The winners of the competition will have their design used as an advertisement for Channel 4’s Street Summer schedule of programming, as well as having their design printed on postcards and the Don’t Panic Poster to be distributed around the UK.
The focus of the competition is to find new talent to help promote Street Summer across the UK in the only way which makes sense; using the competition winners’ designs as massive outdoor advertisements.
The winning entries need to represent one of the five elements of street culture which the Street Summer season is featuring: street dance, urban sports, spoken word, hip hop and street art.
Entrants will represent their region and the winning piece for each region will appear in a major city from their part of the UK.
The 7 competition regions are:
Midlands and East
- Winning entrants will be paid £300 for the use of their artwork
- Winners will have their design displayed on a premium outdoor space for two weeks (04th August to 18th August)
- Winners will get the opportunity to work with an established street artist from their region of the UK
- Winners’ work will feature on the Don’t Panic Poster and on postcards which will be distributed across the UK in Don’t Panic Packs
- Winners will be featured in a short film about their work
The competition will run from 13th June to 17th July. Voting will run from 01st July to 17th July.
Check out: http://www.dontpaniconline.com/street_summer/ for more details!